Cerdeirinha is a property of 3.6 ha which is under MONTIS management since July 2018, through an agreement of ten years, firstly done with a private owner, more specifically with Mrs. Leopoldina Lopes Silva and Mr. José Rodrigues.
It is located in the parish of Valadares, council of São Pedro do Sul, between Valadares and Paradela, being crossed by a road CM1235 (40°45’25.0″N 8°11’19.9″W).
The property, damaged by a fire in October 2017, features hills between 220 to 310 m high, with a 25% gradient. Taking the road as a reference point, it is possible to distinguish two areas, a lower part area which features a river, small agricultural plots with soil of good quality of a certain depth, humidity and good organic quality. The upper part is steeper with soil and water conditions which are less compelling and with a number of concentrations of rocky outcrops that used to be an area employed for the planting of eucalyptus.
- Broom (Cytisus sp.)
- Gorse (Ulex europaeus)
- Heather (Erica arborea)
- “Carqueja” (Pterospartum tridentatum)
- Common oak (Quercus robur)
- Pyrenean oak (Quercus pyrenaica)
- Strawberry tree (Arbutus unedo)
- Downy birch (Betula pubescens)
- Pine tree (Pinus pinaster)
In spite of having found certain pollinating species, among them bumblebee (Bombus sp.) and passerine, there are also records of the Iberian newt (Lissotriton boscai).
The property presents a very good natural regeneration, especially in the parts below the eucalyptus area.
The main objectives are:
- To support natural processes
- To increase the value of natural assets
- To increase the resilience against natural risks
- To promote the growth of native species
- Support actions